On Eileen’s advice (to avoid hyphen confusion), we changed the scrapbooking site domain name to scrapbookinggems.com
The process was pretty straightforward, although there was a lot of “tidying up” to do.
Biggest task was to update image urls embedded in posts.
- Backup existing site to local PC
- Select & registerÂ new domain name
- Set DNS at registrar to same as old site
- Request domain name change at ASC support
“Tidy Up” Tasks:
- Update WordPress Options – General tab
- Set up email
- (temp fix – re-host scrapbookingg.com and upload the content. Scrapbookinggems.com can then access all the images via scrapbookingg.com)